$('#fade').cycle();

Copyright (c) 2011-2013, Chase Your Dreams

All rights reserved


Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stopover in Paris

We arrived in Paris at 6 AM on Friday morning and caught a taxi to go see the Eiffel Tower.  When we arrived at the tower it was still dark and except for a few workers overhead soldering iron rods;  completely desolate in a bleak and almost eery kind of way!


So we went to look for a place to warm up and found a spot down the street to enjoy a morning snack.


We settled in to enjoy hot cups of coffee and cocoa with croissants and crepes covered with chocolate.  Delicious!  I honestly can say this was the best croissant I've ever eaten.



After several fruitless attempts to capture the whole Eiffel Tower from up close I whipped out an imaginary piece of paper and started writing:


"Dear Santa,

All I want for next Christmas is a wide angle lens!  I know it is a bit early, but I wanted to get this to you as soon as possible so you can start work on that right away!" 



We stood in line for almost an hour before the ticket booth opened and every minute we waited in line it got colder; more and more people arrived to fall in line and the girls became more and more impossible to deal with!  A pretty fatal combination after being on a plane for 12 hours flying from Cape Town to Paris!


Several different elevators whisked us from one level to the next, until we finally reached the very tippy top shrouded in a mysterious, white, poofy cloud.  The wind blew hard and it was bitterly cold.  I heard a gentleman behind me say to his friend  "The weather is terrible!"  And then his friend replied:  "Yes, but I can tick it off my bucket list!  Ching!"  It made me smile since I could relate.  We can tick it off our bucket list too, but I would love to come back to see more.  We had to make a run for it and arrived at the airport just in time to board a plane to Atlanta!