$('#fade').cycle();

Copyright (c) 2011-2013, Chase Your Dreams

All rights reserved


Friday, September 14, 2012

Science Class

 This week's science class was all about the wheel invented in +-3,500 B.C.    I thought it so wonderfully timed since we were revisiting Mesopotamia in our social studies, learning about Sargon.


I was on a morning jog while they were in science class and once reunited they were talking over one another telling me about the "marble mouse" and the pinwheel they made.  You see this year they are learning about inventors and are inspired to be inventors themselves!

We've been reading about Leonardo Da Vinci and Archimedes and Alexander Graham Bell.  This evening they were running around the home with their pinwheels screaming "I'm free!  I'm souring!"  And that is exactly how I want them to feel learning about the world around them. Free! Free to think outside the box.  Free to try and fail.  Free to wonder "what if""!